& Legal Notice
This is the Environmental Report 1998, prepared for the U.S. Department of Energy by the Environmental Protection Department at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. The results of LLNL's environmental monitoring and compliance effort and an assessment of the impact of LLNL operations on the environment and the public are presented in this publication.
The report is divided into two volumes.
The report sections below are available in Portable Document Format (PDF). These PDF files are best viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader/Exchange 3.0 or greater. The 1998, 1997, 1996, and 1995 environmental reports can be accessed individually by section or in their entirety. Memory requirements are indicated.
Title page (PDF file, 32K)
Department of Energy Letter (PDF file, 36K)
Preface (PDF file, 12K)
Executive Summary (PDF file, 32K)
1. Site Overview (PDF file, 672K)
2. Compliance Summary (PDF file, 104K)
3. Environmental Program Information (PDF file, 84K)
4. Air Effluent Monitoring (PDF file, 208K)
5. Air Monitoring (PDF file, 276K)
6. Sewerable Water (PDF file, 348K)
7. Surface Water (PDF file, 388K)
8. Ground Water Investigation and Remediation (PDF file, 752K)
9. Ground Water Monitoring (PDF file, 352K)
10. Soil and Sediment Monitoring (PDF file, 432K)
11. Vegetation and Foodstuff Monitoring (PDF file, 100K)
12. Environmental Radiation Monitoring (PDF file, 236K)
13. Radiological Dose Assessment (PDF file, 140K)
14. Quality Assurance (PDF file, 72K)
Appendix A. Methods of Dose Calculations (PDF file, 40K)
Appendix B. Reports for Regulatory Agencies (PDF file, 16K)
References (PDF file, 40K)
Glossary (PDF file, 44K)
Reader Survey (PDF file, 4K)
Main Volume--Entire volume for printing (PDF file, 4.2 Mb)
Data Supplement--Entire volume for printing (PDF file, 1.2 Mb)
SAER homepage | Search SAER
Last updated February 1, 2007.
For information about this page, contact
Click on Errata to view Record of Changes.